Find out about supports available for Carers of those with Parkinson’s Disease.
Family Carers Ireland (FCI) is the national charity supporting the 500,000+ family carers across the country who care for loved ones with additional needs including family members or friends living with Parkinson’s Disease. Its tagline is no one should have to care alone.
Through its national network of carer support centres, FCI offers services including information and advocacy regarding family carers’ rights and entitlements; training and workshops; support in accessing respite; group meetings and social events to help combat isolation; advice on care planning and crisis support.
FCI also operates a National Freephone Careline 1800 240724, where experienced and trained staff and volunteers offer a listening ear and practical information, guidance and referrals on a range of issues, and is a HSE-approved provider of home care services. As a not-for-profit organisation, any profits earned from the delivery of home care goes directly back into supporting family carers.
- Family Carers Ireland are inviting you to their online evening book club on Wednesday 2nd August 2023 to discuss there books of the month. New members are always welcome to join. Simply email Marie at email@example.com
- About Family Carers Ireland
- Family Carers Ireland Emergency Plan
- Family Carers Ireland Working Care Out
- Family Carers Ireland Counselling Information Leaflet
- Family Carers Ireland Mental Health Booklet
- Decision Support Presentation Service
Please visit www.familycarers.ie to find out more about the supports and services offered by FCI in your community and contact details for your local Carer Supports Manager.