1. Policy Statement
2. Aim(s) of Policy
This policy aims to inform Parkinson’s Ireland website users that cookies are used on the website and how to go about opting out of cookie usage.
3. Scope of Policy
This policy applies to all visitors to the Parkinson’s Ireland website
4. Background and Opting out Procedure
Cookies can be either ‘session’ or ‘persistent’. Session cookies are only stored for the duration of usage of the site and are deleted once the browser is closed. Persistent cookies can remain on your computer for longer specified periods.
There are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies that are set by the site you are visiting and
- Third-party cookies which are set by other sites that have features embedded on the site you are visiting – such as advertisements or YouTube videos.
Parkinsons Ireland uses both session and persistent cookies on our website. By using this
not used to identify you personally but rather to improve your experience on our website.
We use the following local cookies
- Google Analytics to track users as they navigate the website – these cookies are
named: _utma, _utmt, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
- AddThis – provides access to social sharing buttons for Facebook, Twitter, etc
- Cookies to allow use of the shopping cart and to process payments
- We also use Third-party cookies
- YouTube to embed video content into our site
- DoubleClick and Google Analytics to allow us to advertise and monitor performance
You can choose not to allow cookies to be used on your machine or delete cookies that are
already there. This may have a negative effect on your browsing experiences as a lot of
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.